Screening for disease, cancer , colon to detect pre-cancer and cancer cells in patients with no symptoms. If abnormalities are found, treatment can be given immediately. Increase the chance of recovery and reduce the mortality rate.
Cancer Colorectal cancer is the third most common in diabetic patients often describe themselves as colon cancer, primarily when the distance to the spread of the disease. As a result, patients have a high chance of death. Therefore, early detection and treatment are obtain correctly and efficiently. It will help reduce the risk of death. and increase the chance of healing more
Factors that cause polyps to become colon cancer
- over 45 years old
- Lifestyle habits, such as eating red meat regularly and in large quantities Eat less fruits and vegetables, drink less water and lack of exercise.
Bowel cancer symptoms
Colon cancer is a disease that may not show any abnormal symptoms. until the spread of the disease who often experience the following symptoms:
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea like never before.
- chronic diarrhea
- defecation is black or black-red Fresh or bloody stools
- the stool is smaller
- I feel inadequate anal pain
- Fatigue, weakness from anemia or from iron deficiency
- unexplained weight loss
- chronic stomach pain especially in the lower abdomen or feel a lump in the abdomen
colon cancer screening
colon cancer screening This is to detect pre-cancerous stages and find cancer cells in asymptomatic patients. If abnormalities are found, treatment can be given immediately. This will help make the treatment more effective. Increase the chance of being cure and reduce the mortality rate. High- and intermediate-risk people should be screened for colon cancer early.
High risk group
- have a close relative with colon cancer or a polyp consider to be at risk of hereditary cancer
- have chronic colitis
Medium risk group
- Age 45-50 years or 50 years and over, but without any abnormal symptoms
- have risk factors such as drinking alcohol / smoking a lot for a long time
- have risk factors related to lifestyle changes, such as eating a lot of red meat do not eat fruits and vegetables and little exercise
colon cancer screening
colon cancer screening. This can be done in a number of ways. Classified by risk group as follows:
- high risk group should be screened for colon cancer by colonoscopy This is a method that can detect polyps. and if a polyp is not too large You can cut the polyps immediately while laparoscopy. It is interesting to note that more than 90% of colon cancer detections begin with a small polyp. Adenoma polyps are consider precancerous. It is a pre-cancerous lesion and is likely to progress in the future, taking 5-10 years before it becomes cancerous.
- Medium risk group This can be done in a number of ways. Including a latent blood test in the stool. X-ray powder gardening colon computed tomography or can choose a colon cancer screening method by Colonoscopy as well
colorectal cancer treatment
- Surgery (Surgery) can be perform at any stage of the disease. Your doctor may consider treatment along with radiation and chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy (Chemotherapy) oral or inject chemotherapy into a vein or muscle. For the drug to be absorb into the bloodstream. To act to stop the division or destroy cancer cells. Can be use before and/or after surgery in combination with radiotherapy or not. Chemotherapy can cause side effects on normal cells and other organ functions, such as nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and hair loss.
- Radiation therapy with high-energy waves to destroy or inhibit the growth of cancer cells It also helps reduce the recurrence rate. It can be done in conjunction with chemotherapy. To make the treatment more effective
- Targeted therapy is a targeted treatment that kills cancer cells without damaging nearby cells and has few side effects. Most often, treatment is combine with chemotherapy. By choosing to use in a group that has spread cancer Studies have shown that specific drug treatments can prolong the duration of life. and allows for a longer duration of disease-free life than chemotherapy alone.
- immunotherapy drugs Immunotherapy stimulates the body’s immune system to better detect and kill cancer cells. Increase the chances of a longer life. It is mainly use in the cancer that has spread. and a thorough biopsy of the cancer is require for effective treatment results.